Galway City of Film in partnership with Galway Film Centre and the Galway Film Fleadh have announced that the One Minute Film Festival is back for this year’s Fleadh.
Galway City of Film are inviting Filmmakers / Film Enthusiasts to make a one-minute HD film, based on any subject or any story. The best 30 x 1 minute films will be selected by a panel of judges and they will be screened at a special public event at the Galway Film Fleadh.
This year, there are cash prizes of up to €250 for the best 3 films. The winning films will be available to watch on the websites of all organisations involved following the Festival and this is an opportunity to have your work screened to an audience at an international festival.
Entry to this competition is free and all genres are welcome including documentary, live action, art-house and animation!
Last year’s One Minute Film Festival included films from around the world, with 2 sold out screenings. The winner was the fantastic TEMPO by Arjan Brentjes, second place went to Tina Glynn for her film NANNA’S HOUSE and joint third place prize went to Graham Cantwell for Parfum and Fergal Costello for Time & Space, see details here.
Deadline for Entry: 4pm (GMT) Tuesday 5th June 2018
How to Enter:
- Send a private Vimeo/Youtube link of your film along with the password to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note: Do not initially send film files. Once the 30 films are selected to be screened we will then request a copy of your film (specifications: .mov/.mp4, H264, Apple Pro Res – 25fps) along with still images.
- One film per entrant.
- Have copyright/permission for the music used.
- Entries must have been made since July 2017.
- Duration limit is 70 seconds including credits. Longer than this will not be considered.