Kerry County Council, in association with The Arts Council wish to award a bursary to a filmmaker for the production of a short film in 2018.
The Film Bursary Award aims to foster talent, creativity and activity in filmmaking in County Kerry. They are looking for filmmakers with experience in the field, who are working in the short drama genre. They are seeking proposals and applications from film makers who have a script that has been developed, seen by a Director and has had input from a Producer. The Film Bursary Award is for a short drama film of 10-12 minute duration. The Award is in the form of a grant and is set at €15,000 for 2018.
They are looking for original, entertaining stories by talented filmmakers who, if selected, must set and shoot their project in County Kerry. The award will be given to one successful applicant who will receive €15,000 as a grant sum towards the cost of production. Kerry Screen Commission, which is based within the Arts Service of Kerry County Council, will offer location support and guidance as requested, and especially in relation to accessing locations and local resources.
A Development Seminar:
A development seminar detailing information on the Award will be held at the Manor West Hotel in Tralee on Thursday 12th April from 2-4pm.The seminar will offer insight into filming in Kerry, procedures for shooting in Kerry, as well as additional resources available to the successful recipient. A Location Manager will be present on the day and the seminar will be facilitated by the Arts Office at Kerry County Council. The seminar will also provide information on the award criteria, guidelines and application format. Refreshments will be available on the day.
This is a two stage open competition opportunity.
Stage One: Shortlisting from Applications received.
Stage Two: An Interview with a selection committee for all shortlisted applicants. Interviews will take place in Kerry. More information may be requested from stage two shortlisted applicants.
Kerry County Council will set up a fixed term panel of recommended recipients which will remain in operation for 2018
The closing date for receipt of applications is set at Friday 27th April 2018 at 1pm.
Interviews for shortlisted applicants will be conducted the week of Monday 21st May 2018. Shortlisted applicants will have to attend for interview at Kerry County Council, County Buildings, Rathass, Tralee. Co. Kerry.
What They Require:
- A completed application form
- Contact information on the applicant
- Scriptwriters Name
- Director’s and Producer’s names
- Professional Profiles or CV’s for the Writer, the Director, the Producer and the Applicant as relevant
- A Project Title and intended duration
- A short summary of the project
- A Project Synopsis (500 words max.) including a general plot outline
- Full Script including Title and Writer’s name/s
- Summary information on the range and preffered type of film locations in Kerry
- Director’s and Producer’s notes on the project
- Project Budget and information on additional sources of funding if total exceeds maximum available through the Award
- Confirmation that you are the sole legal owner of the script and have obtained all necessary rights to same
Applications cannot be sent to the Arts Office email address or by post to Kerry County Council. Only electronic submissions can be accepted. They will only be accepted via the electronic platform on Jot Form.