Galway UNESCO City of Film has announced the line-up for the ‚ÄòOne Minute Film Festival‚Äô, curated especially for Ireland‚Äôs national Culture Night 2016 which takes place on Friday September 16th.
‚ÄòThe One Minute Film Festival‚Äô is based on the theme ‚ÄòGalway, My Home, My Place‚Äô and offers talented filmmakers the opportunity to showcase their work and celebrate the unique merits of Galway city and county. An overwhelming amount of applications were received for the festival and now the top 30 one minute films will be screened on the night in both Galway City Museum in Galway City Centre (in the Education Room on the First Floor) and √Åras √âanna on Inis Oirr on the Aran Islands. This unmissable event is free of charge and will take place from 6pm at both venues. The 30 one minute films will be shown on a loop at each venue with start times of 6pm, 6.45pm, 7.30pm and 8.15pm.
30 inventive and imaginative filmmakers were faced with the challenge of capturing what Galway means to them in just one minute. Each film selection has been carefully selected with the winning selection showcasing each filmmaker‚Äôs unique vision of Galway. Audiences will be spoiled for choice with this selection of film, which stems across a multitude of genres including live action, documentary, art-house animation and more, showcasing Galway landmarks in a way that they have never been seen before. This unique opportunity earns each of these one minute submissions a position among Ireland‚Äôs most prestigious film makers, whose films have been showcased and celebrated at international film festivals and events hosted by Galway UNESCO City of Film.
Join Galway UNESCO City of Film and experience the extraordinary at the ‚ÄòOne Minute Film Festival‚Äô. The festival is being held as part of Culture Night 2016 which will transform venues across Galway city and county and in all counties around Ireland into a vibrant cultural playground for one night only. Local culture, creativity and the arts are celebrated at unique events in various locations around the country, free of charge. Sit back and enjoy Galway on Film for Culture Night 2016!
For further information on Galway UNESCO City of Film visit www.galwayfilmcentre.ie . Follow them on Twitter and share your One Minute Film Festival experience online with #GalwayCityofFilm #LoveCulture.
- Body of Christ ‚Äì Amy-Joyce Hastings
- An Agonising Encounter ‚Äì Amy Poland
- I love it how conversations flow from family to brown bread ‚Äì Ana Levisky
- Airman ‚Äì Caoimh√≠n Coffey
- The Happening ‚Äì Carla Maria Tighe
- Something Borrowed ‚Äì Carolyn Wagner
- The Galway Winter Sunrise ‚Äì Christopher Banahan
- Do Not Push ‚Äì Conor Healy
- Capturing The Craic ‚Äì David Souto
- No Shifting At The Bar ‚Äì Duncan Stirling
- Galway Pride ‚Äì John Corcoran
- Beautiful Boy ‚Äì John Gleeson
- Dockland ‚Äì John O’Shea
- Dadventures Galway ‚Äì Johnny Cullen
- Family Favourite Moments ‚Äì Jonathan Connolly
- Luke & Roger ‚Äì Kevin O’Brien
- What Does Galway Mean to Me ‚Äì Lalie Crowley
- Galway: My Home My Place ‚Äì Mary Kelly
- Galway: My Home My Place ‚Äì Matthew Blayney (Emblane Films)
- Galway: Be Proud ‚Äì Meghan McKeon Joyce
- 409 ‚Äì Morgan O’Brien
- Galway in 1′ ‚Äì Noreena O’Brien
- Road Rage ‚Äì Rachel MhicUidhir
- The Canon ‚Äì Robert Gaynor
- Ninas Birthday ‚Äì Robert McCarty
- Passing Time ‚Äì Ronan Concannon
- The Bank Holiday ‚Äì Rory Walsh
- Ode to The Riff Raff Street Rats of Galway ‚Äì Ruth McNally
- Merlin Woods ‚Äì Stephen Ward (Epoche Films)
- A Claddagh Fleet by 2020? ‚Äì Tony Walsh